Saturday, February 12, 2011

Jan 21-22 We just went about our days and had some delicious fresh mahi mahi with our friends Buz and Rosemary on “Steadfast”. Buz showed John a wonderful antenna that he had on his boat that boosted the WIFI signal form land. He hleped John order one and we can’t wait till it is up and running because we will be able to get the internet anywhere on the boat while sitting in the Big Major’s anchorage and other places we normally can’t.

Jan 23 It was a chilly day for the Bahamas and my departure day. I was flying up to NYC and going on to Greenwich to be with my mother for a week. John stayed in the anchorage and guarded the boat. We went to the airport early and froze while waiting for my Watermaker flight to Ft. Lauderdale. I froze on the flight because there was no heat in the plane. The flight was delayed getting to Florida because they needed fuel and had to fly me to North Eleuhera for it and then on to Florida. I narrowly made my American flight by 5 mins! When I arrived in Greenwich, it was only about 10 degrees!

Jan. 31 I flew back to Florida and over to Staniel without event and John was waiting with open arms. Happy to get his cook (and buddy) back! It was warm and I went for a late afternoon swim to get back into the Bahamas mood. Yeah!

1 comment: